Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: FPV49 - Scratch built FPV KFm Airfoil

Quote Originally Posted by ci3jk4FPV View Post
    So, I have finished the making video of a hot wire version.
    Still need to tweak some things here and there but maybe someone doesnt like to glue the 6mm depron, but has a hot wire cutter and wants to try this version :)

https://youtu.be/3rL1hVZ7GnQ
    ..well done, another wee tweak idea is put the motor in one of these: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1663725 to improve cooling.
    Of course it must fit tightly around the motor bell so the coolant air flows thru the motor and not around it.

..and you of course don't need it to tolerate 3.5tons nor 350kg of forces. ;o)

..I would put nuts or e.g. 10mm spacers between the motor backplate and the bottom of http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1663725 to create a wee plenum chamber to smooth and even out coolant air flow thru the motor, and I would feed it from an air tube or hose, taking air from whereever I can find the highest air pressure around the wing, typically just under the wing's leading edge.

..for a tractor installation, I'd have the coolant air exhaust sucked out around the first quarter of the upper wing surface, where the air pressure usually is at its lowest point.

..for both pusher and tractor installations, the coolant ram air flow becomes a function of airspeed, AOA (which dictates air pressure gradients around the airfoils), tube length, tube/hose/motor etc unrestricted cross sections, ESCs, batteries etc air flow restrictions you put in these tubes/hoses/plenum chambers.

..might be worth its own thread ;o) rather than hijacking this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by HSPalm View Post
    Nicely done.
    Thank you.
    I tried my best to make a clean build. I have also already maidened it and It flies just as good as a regular FPV49
    Also I did crash test it 4 times (not huge crashes, but not so small also) and the only thing that got damaged was the nose (which will be cut off anyway). One of the crashes was from around 50m into a tree and I was sure that I will have to cut out a new one, but there is only a small dent on the wing (some hot water and it should be fine).
    The crashes were because of broken rx antenna, that I have fixed by now.

Quote Originally Posted by gassguruen View Post
    ..well done, another wee tweak idea is put the motor in one of these: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1663725 to improve cooling....
    I do want something like this, to improve the cooling and hide the whole motor, but thats something for later, when I will have some more free time again
    Last edited by ci3jk4FPV; 01.August 2016 at 10:50.

It's me again
    Just wanted let you all know that I have successfully made my first FPV flights, and reached the 2,5km flight radius
    This is the maximum for me for now and now I need to focus on better antennas and maybe a tracker.
    My goal is to reach 5km before winter

Here is the 2,5km flight with a twist in the end
    I would also like to thank Trond for this wing, as If not because of FPV49 that intrigued me with its profile, I would probably stick to multirotors
    Huge THANKS mate!!

and a short video from flying with another KFm wing - Schraut 5.

Last edited by ci3jk4FPV; 23.August 2016 at 12:12.

Hi,
    Could you mention the position of your elevons for take-off, landing and fly (and mini-max values) in mm ? Someone says "To fly level my elevon trim now is about + 4-5 mm"
    Is it correct ? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Franck71 View Post
    Hi,
    Could you mention the position of your elevons for take-off, landing and fly (and mini-max values) in mm ? Someone says "To fly level my elevon trim now is about + 4-5 mm"
    Is it correct ? Thanks
    He goes through it in this video at 16:40
    Eflite Carbon•Z Cub - FrSky Taranis X9d - 1.2Ghz - 5.8Ghz - ZMR250 m/F4 - Tricopter V4 m/F3FC - Twinstar II m/Storm OSD - FPV49v4 m/ET µVector - MaxiDrone AW m/Tornado OSD - TBS Crossfire - EzUHF - Dominator HD1 - Gopro Hero 6 - Rampiks1 på YouTube