Page 1 of 133 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Antennas from FPVLR.com

Default Antennas from FPVLR.com

hei.

vanligvis har jeg fløyet med mine clover, skew og helical fra ibcrazy på 2.4 fpv systemet mitt RHCP.. men har vært litt plaget
    av rekkevidde og noen droppouts. i går kom pakken fra FPVLR.com med en heavy duty helical 10 turn 2 stk clover og 1
    stk skew i LHCP .. prøvde den på 5 turer i dag.. for en forskjell med LHCP. han anbefalte selv LHCP på 2.4 for at mye annet i
    huser etc er RHCP.. så dette er absolut en must for dere 2.4 flygere som meg.. hadde ikke en droppout langs med bakken/6km unna
    stor fornøyd...
    FPV-DANIEL
    ZephyrII - Hexacopter - dragonlink - 2.4 video - Testing 5.8 video
    FPV-DANIEL@youtube

Smart !
    Da kommer det vel en video snart ?
    FPV Raptor, X8, Skysurfer, Stinger, Funjet, FPV Manuals tri, F550 m/Naza GPS, MFD tracker, Dragonlink, Hornet+FY31AP, Storm OS, masse IRC 5.8 600mw, IRC UNO/DUO5800, Fatshark Dominator, Aafk supporter..

Yes, LHCP is much quieter on 2.4 nowadays, as a lot of point to point wi-fi are using rhcp diy helicals.

I am glad you like the range on that.. I estimate it to be 20-30 km depending on area and disturbances.

www.fpvlr.com - your custom fpv antennas.

Nice! Photos please!! :P
    Føtt: 1984. Bor: Tromsø. RC utstyr: 9c super, Frsky 2.4 (Booster), DRAGONLINK FPV utstyr: Fatshark Attitude 5.8ghz og BEVRC/Lawmate 1.3ghz. FPV(Modeller): Skywalker X8, Tek sumo Z, TBS Disko, Zephyr II X 3, Skipper Youtube: Vazza69 TeamWhiteMoose

I think I have saved his photos because it was a special order, it's not in the catalogues..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	daniel.jpg 
Views:	384 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	5446   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	danielhelix.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	5445  

You can also try to fly the 4 lobes on the plane, you will see that you will like it maybe more than the 3 lobes.

nice to see you in here i was crystal clear at any point.. video is coming off the 6 km ride i was bored as hell to go that fare, so i
    turned back at 6 km. but i had to test it
    FPV-DANIEL
    ZephyrII - Hexacopter - dragonlink - 2.4 video - Testing 5.8 video
    FPV-DANIEL@youtube

Hi FPVLR !
    Ijust ordered a 5.8 Helical 8 turn with you. What is the beam angle for that antenna ?
    I do not have a tracker (yet..) but was thinking of using it with a DUO5800 together with a skew. I am just not quite sure 8 turn was the best choice..maybe I should have gone for less on a manual setup ?
    FPV Raptor, X8, Skysurfer, Stinger, Funjet, FPV Manuals tri, F550 m/Naza GPS, MFD tracker, Dragonlink, Hornet+FY31AP, Storm OS, masse IRC 5.8 600mw, IRC UNO/DUO5800, Fatshark Dominator, Aafk supporter..

Quote Originally Posted by FPVLR View Post
    You can also try to fly the 4 lobes on the plane, you will see that you will like it maybe more than the 3 lobes.
    I thot that the skew antenna whas ment to use withe the helical. So you can allso use the clover.. What abouth the turbine and that style of antenna?
    Føtt: 1984. Bor: Tromsø. RC utstyr: 9c super, Frsky 2.4 (Booster), DRAGONLINK FPV utstyr: Fatshark Attitude 5.8ghz og BEVRC/Lawmate 1.3ghz. FPV(Modeller): Skywalker X8, Tek sumo Z, TBS Disko, Zephyr II X 3, Skipper Youtube: Vazza69 TeamWhiteMoose

My pinwheel (4 lobe) is different from SPW. It has different geometry of the leafs and different pitch angle, it's better than 3 lobe traditionaln CL antenna. CL has 1.2 db gain, pinwheel has 1.7 db gain. turbines etc are eccellent but a bit lower gain than a pinwheel. in one month we'll have also a pentalobe (5 leafs), better axial ratio and more gain.

I don't normally build 3 lobe antennas, it was a special request from Daniel, so I did. I didn't use Ibcrazy's dimensions and tutorial, if you look at the lobes they are more compact , 90 degrees instead of 120 degrees and pitch angle is more than 45 deg... about 50 deg, and there are other diff.. like feedpoint height... I think the modified 3 lobes can have 1.8- 1.9 dbi but less circularity.
    Last edited by FPVLR; 30.August 2012 at 00:10.